Attorney Elizabeth Perez has a broad background in criminal law, litigation, and health care and is uniquely qualified to represent health care clients in a wide range of matters, including criminal investigations, commercial and civil litigation, and administrative proceedings. She also has extensive experience handling commercial, business and contractual disputes, business transactions and family law matters.
In the area of health care, Ms. Perez has been involved in major litigation and arbitration matters, including the representation of hospitals and other health care providers in multimillion-dollar disputes with managed care payors, as well as disputes between health care providers.
Ms. Perez also has extensive experience representing health care providers with Medicare and Medicaid issues, including reimbursement, overpayment, provider revocations, suspension hearings, and prepayment reviews. She has represented clients in administrative proceedings at the state and federal level.
'My goal is to provide reliable legal counsel and support to anyone in need — regardless of individual circumstance.'
Perez represents health care providers defending them against complaints to professional boards, such as the Board of Medicine, Board of Nursing, Board of Dentistry, and others. She also provides counsel regarding the collateral consequences of such complaints.
She began her career in the Public Defenders Office, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, and later spent more than six years in private practice before joining Broad and Cassel. Her experience includes representing clients facing state and federal criminal charges and investigations, including white-collar criminal and quasi-criminal cases and cases alleging health care fraud, as well as other state and federal crimes. Her experience covers all aspects of criminal defense, from bond hearings through trial, sentencing, and post-conviction hearings. She has brought more than 50 trials to verdict.
Perez has been named a 2010-2014 'Top Up and Comer' and a 2015 and 2016 'Top Lawyer' by the South Florida Legal Guide.
A native of Miami, Ms. Perez is active in various community and professional organizations, including the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Hispanic Bar Association, Cuban American Bar Association National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Health Lawyer's Association. She is a graduate of Leadership Miami. She is fluent in Spanish.
- 1999, Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, Class of 1998, J.D.
- Florida State University, Class of 1994, B.A.
Honors & Awards
- Named a 2010-2014 'Top Up and Comer' and a 2015 and 2016 'Top Lawyer' by the South Florida Legal Guide
Associations & Memberships
- American Health Lawyer's Association Member
- Cuban American Bar Association Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Member
- Leadership Miami Class of 2006
- The Domino Effect: Tougher Medicare Regulations Have Far-Reaching Implications for Florida Physicians South Florida Hospital News and Healthcare Report - February 2016